Based in Melbourne, Australia
April 5, 2019
Feather is a multiplayer game about exploration, relaxation and immersion. Transform yourself into a bird, take flight, and enjoy a zen-like, picturesque landscape on your own terms. Swoop, glide, and backflip your way around mysterious locations to uncover hidden paths that only birds can follow! Feather is a relaxing bird simulation perfect for unwinding. Whether solo or with other online players, Feather will have you become a bird and explore stunning locations as you soar through the skies! No enemies, no combat, no threats – just peaceful flight by yourself or with other birds. Yes, the passive multiplayer in Feather allows you to join a flock and enjoy flying with others or just relax on your own! Explore a vast open world, finding new songs in every nook and cranny... Immerse yourself in a beautiful island that responds to your presence with a hum, tone and rhythm beyond human comprehension.
Feather began development as a game jam project called Fruits of a Feather in 2016. Originally it was to be a air-combat fighting game, but due to disagreements about how combat would work, the team decided to focus on what already worked best, the game's fluid and joyous flight experience. the game continued in development as a side-project over the next few years, appearing at Samurai Punk's PAX booths as the "Relaxation Station". In 2019, Feather will finally be released as a full game on PC and Nintendo Switch, with the addition of passive online multiplayer, allowing you to fly around with other players in the world. The game is receiving a massive content update in the Explorer Update on September 30, 2020, which adds an entirely new island, effectively doubling the game's content, new skins, new songs and a suite of graphical improvements across the original island.
- Experience the world from a bird’s-eye view with fluid and responsive controls.
- Explore a vast island with a dynamic weather system and day/night cycles.
- Play with friends in a seamless online multiplayer.
- Fly peacefully without enemies, combat, or threats.
- Enjoy a relaxing ambient soundtrack and sound effects by Mitchell Pasmans.
- Find sixteen unique songs hidden around the island
- Control your bird with gamepads or keyboard and mouse.
Explorer Update Trailer YouTube
Release Trailer YouTube
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- "Australian Game Developer Awards - Nomination for Best Art / Sound" October, 2019
- "Busan Indie Connect - Showcase" 2018, 2019
- "Unite Australia - Showcase" 2017, 2018
- "Feather does have its secrets - it’s got a big, delightful one, too - but it is not a game meant for finishing. Feather is a safe place to retreat into, a home away from home."
- Joel Goodwin, Electron Dance
- "It's a small world with small objectives and small actions, but within all that smallness it feels anything but cramped or restricted."
- Janine Hawkins, Waypoint
- "the swooping and flapping and gliding is lovely so I spent my time doing that instead, skimming the ground and doing little loops around the trees."
- Philippa Warr, Rock Paper Shotgun
About Samurai Punk
Samurai Punk is a Melbourne-based independent game developer that creates games with love and care.
More information on Samurai Punk, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Mitchell Pasmans (Skeletone Audio)